It’s almost here once again… Autumn, Fall, whatever you’d like to call it; will officially begin this Sunday.
It seems to me that everyone gets so excited about the change of seasons, myself included. But I quickly get discouraged by it because I don’t enjoy when it’s under 70 degrees. Which happens for a good portion of the year here in Pennsylvania! So I’ve come up with a list of exciting things to do this fall that will keep you smiling all the way until Thanksgiving (all of you United States readers, I’m referring to you!)
List of Fall Fun:
- Cozy blankets, hot drinks, and movies! I love dedicating a night or two or five to just hanging out on the couch with a bunch of blankets, tea, and movies. Preferably scary movies!
- Which leads me to; scary movies! Halloween, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street – as well as not so scary movies; It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, Hocus Pocus, Monster House, The Haunted Mansion, Halloweentown, The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- Take lots of pictures! It’s such a beautiful time of year. Just get outside and start snapping pictures of everything and everything. So fun!
- All things apple. Apple pie, apple cider, bobbing for apples, picking apples.
- Wear comfy hoodies and sweaters. Fall fashion! This is a favorite of mine. I love love love oversized sweaters. Boots. Hats. Scarves. Who wants to go shopping?
- Get outside and enjoy the weather. Breathe the air, really breathe it and appreciate it. Look around and just enjoy how beautiful the world is.
- Fall sports are back. Football and hockey are on once again. Great opportunity to have over your friends and watch the game together.
- All things pumpkin as well! Mmm. Pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin pie, pumpkin picking, pumpkin carving, roasting pumpkin seeds, pumpkin pancakes, okay.. this could go on forever. I think you get the point. Hopefully you’re as excited about it as I am! I have some exciting pumpkin recipes coming up soon also 🙂
- Jumping in big piles of leaves! I don’t care how old you are, go do this. It’ll make you happy. I promise.
- Find a haunted house to go to in your area. So fun! Find one near you here.
- Decorate your house for fall. Get creative!
- And while you’re being creative, figure out what you’re going to dress up for Halloween! Do it and talk your friends into doing it as well 🙂
- Have a bonfire with friends and family. Roast marshmallows (vegan ones are great 😉 ) and tell spooky stories!
- Smile, laugh, love, and surround yourself with happy people.
Make the most out of each day no matter what it brings. Appreciate the beauty around you and never take any moment for grated. Have fun!
What fun things do you have planned for this fall? Let me know 🙂